Thursday 12 June 2008

Karen Musing on Work

Throughout the time we have been here, we have had the opportunity to do many different things. We have developed many methods of sharing the gospel with the people we meet. We have been involved in church meetings, in door to door work, open air meetings for adults and children, and in physical work too. I have never liked getting up in front of people and sharing or leading a service but being part of MisiĆ³n Rescate has given me many opportunities to do these things and become more and more comfortable while doing them. I am grateful that in a way I was forced to take part in meetings, pray, read, lead, take part in mimes and dramas, dancing and many other things. During the month of February we lead holiday Bible clubs in Ite and also in Moquegua. The group split in two to be able to run the two clubs at the same time. This gave us the opportunity to work specifically with children, and allowed us to spend time sharing with them. This is something I have done a bit at home but this experience has made me want to try and become more involved in this area in church. Doing all of these things has made me more confident and has also given me many ideas for working with children and young people. I am now looking forward to getting back to church to be able to continue to use these new gifts and ideas that I have developed and learned here.

Karen

No comments: